Pages

Friday, July 14, 2017

A Gift for my Daughter

Once my eldest daughter caught wind that I was painting, she asked if I would paint something special for her. I agreed, thinking that I would paint something from a picture one of her cousins took. A landscape from Colorado that had some gorgeous colours. She seemed content to let me chose, but after a few days, changed her mind. She sent me a picture and instantly I knew why she wanted that as a painting.

This picture is one that my daughter took on a trip with her boyfriend, to Banff, Alberta. It was part of our pic-a-day event. This event we started specifically for this daughter, as a way to help her deal with her anxiety, loneliness and depression. This trip was a wonderful, special time for her and she was very proud of herself for going to a new place, with new people and experiencing these things. 

So I started my next project for her.

It won't be exact, but it will be full of love.


No comments:

Post a Comment